Butternut squash soup
Used more veggies in my box today - leeks, carrots, shallots and butternut squash. I wanted to have the squash for lunch but couldn't decide how to cook it, so i thought i'd chuck a few other veggies in and make a soup! Topped it with freshly grated parmesan, ands it made for a very filling lunch.. (with some leftover)
INGREDIENTS (these are my rough estimates, it doesn't really matter how much you use of each - add more veggies if you want)
1/2 a butternut squash, cubed
1/2 a leek, sliced
1/2 a carrot, sliced
Vegetable stock or water
Fresh rosemary (or other herbs)
salt and pepper
Parmesan/croutons/bread to serve.
1. Start by steaming the squash for about half an hour. Alternatively, roast it
2. Gently fry the shallots till soft, then add the leeks, carrot, herbs and vegetable stock. Simmer till soft.
3. Take out the whole herbs, and blend the leeks and carrot
4. Roughly mash the squash and add it to the leek mixture and blend until smooth. Sieve to make it even smoother.
5. Season to taste and put it back on the heat to warm through