Monday, July 24, 2006

My trip to paris..

Just got back from Paris a couple of hours ago...had gone there for a 2 day short break with my mum...And came home with bags of breads and pastries! I managed to take some pics of 1 or 2 places and their pastries/chocolates. The best ones were from Angélina (226, rue de Rivoli), where they had amazing pastries - i tried the Mille-feuille, and a pistachio mousse thingy, both were amazing. Then got some bread at Poilane (8 Rue du Cherche-Midi) (which also had their famous butter cookies to try - which were very tasty!), and some bread and pastries from Paul, on the Champs-Elysees. Here are the photos I took...


Maison du chocolat (numerous locations around Paris), where I bought a small vanilla macaroon...and had it all tied up in a bag with gold string :P The guy was pretty friendly though considering he had to go through all that trouble for a measly macaroon :P (it was good though)


The outside of Poilane, the famous french bakery. (damn van reflection!)


PAUL, where we bought lots of nice patries.





Pastries from Angelina. At top is the Mille-feuille, and the bottom two are the inside of a chocolate/almond croissant, and a pic of a full croissant, frangipane tart and palmier.

2 Comments:

Blogger jenjen said...

That mille-feuille looks delicious! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip to Paris.
Thanks for visitng my blog, yours is certainly shaping up to be a great one. Looking forward to your future posts.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Oh, my. I'm thinking I could spend some time and calories there. Yum!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home